Netflix Tuesday announced that David Letterman will host a six-episode series, due next year, that combines “in-depth conversations with extraordinary people and in-the-field segments expressing his curiosity and humor.”
We’re celebrating by ripping off the great man himself with the Top 10 reasons why David Letterman signed up for another interviewing gig:
10. The public has been clamoring for someone to fill the gaping void left by Tom Snyder.
9. Talking to your TV is not as much fun as talking on TV.
8. The science of dropping stuff off buildings has advanced dramatically since his old NBC show.
7. He didn’t get the lead judge gig on American Idol.
6. He needs six more episodes to qualify for the talk-host union’s health plan.
5. It’s the best way to plan for a presidential run.
4. He’ll finally get to meet those kids from Stranger Things.
3. He ran out of pencils.
2. Bucket list alert: He’s always wanted to be streamed.
And the No. 1 reason David Letterman signed up for another interviewing gig: Everyone else already has a Netflix show.