20 years ago the world tragically lost one of the most iconic women of our time. Princess Diana. And today her sons, Prince Harry and Prince William, are paying tribute to their mother. Susana Victoria Perez (@susana_vp) has more. Buzz60
Who doesn’t like Prince Harry? Let us count the ways the ginger prince makes hearts race as he enjoys his 33rd birthday on Friday.
1. His red hair: He may have done more to promote the sex appeal of gingers than anyone in recent history.
2. His bachelor status: Although, that may not last much longer.
3. His sense of humor: His natural facial expression appears to be a wide grin.
4. His emotional availability: He talked openly and in moving terms about his mother Princess Diana in the 20th anniversary year of her death, about its lasting effect on his life and how he finally sought counseling.
5. His hail-fellow-well-met manner: Unlike most U.S. presidents, he really does seem like a guy you’d like to have a beer with.
6. His bravery: He spent 10 years in the British Army, including two tours in war zones. And he was only 12 when he walked with his family behind his mother’s coffin in her funeral cortege.
7. His commitment to his charities, carrying on his mother’s legacies in mental health, AIDS and the campaign against land mines.
8. His fundraising trek to the South Pole with wounded warriors: Talk about brave.
9. His standing up for wounded warriors, including founding the Invictus Games: He got the idea from America’s Warrior Games, and his tireless rooting helped make it a huge success, with the third international meet set to open Sept. 23 in Toronto.
10. His efforts to help diminish the stigma of testing for HIV/AIDS: He got tested himself publicly — and with Rihanna.
11. His rapport with children: Friend, relation or stranger, they all seem to be wild about Harry.
12. His authenticity: What you see is what you get. That plus charm helps him overcome occasional stumbles such as his nude antics in a Las Vegas hotel room in 2012. “A classic case of me being too much Army and not enough prince.”
13. His ninja ability to hide his relationship with American actress Meghan Markle for months: He even managed to visit her in Toronto, where she lives while filming Suits, without anyone in the media knowing.
14. His willingness to confirm their relationship while standing up for her to the tabloids who had been stalking and criticizing her.
15. His teasing relationship with brother Prince William: He’s joshed about Will’s thinning hair but now he’s starting to lose his, too.
16: His “good uncle” relationship with his nephew and niece, Prince George and Princess Charlotte: They’re going to have fun if he has anything to say about it.
17. His delight when Duchess Kate joined the royal family: When she and Will got engaged in 2010, he said she would be the big sister he never had.
18. His ability to bring a smile to the face of his grandmother, Queen Elizabeth II: Who else but Harry could talk her into appearing in a promotional video for his Invictus Games in 2016?
19. His goofy rivalry with President Obama and first lady Michelle Obama during the run-up to the Orlando Invictus Games: He got the last laugh with help from granny.
20. His respect for the queen and Prince Philip: Harry greatly admires his grandparents’ dedication and their “incredible” willingness to put duty ahead of everything else, he said in an ITV interview when the queen turned 90 in 2016.
21. His love for Africa, its people and critters: He told Town & Country he wishes he could spend more time on his favorite continent. “This is where I feel more like myself than anywhere else in the world. I have this intense sense of complete relaxation and normality here.”
22. His work to focus attention on the tiny African kingdom of Lesotho: With his pal, Prince Seeiso of Lesotho, he co-founded Sentebale, their African children’s charity, in memory of their late mothers, Queen Mamohato and Princess Diana.
23. His style: He looks great in a tux, in a uniform, in a suit or in jeans, carries them all off with aplomb. Can you imagine his father Prince Charles in jeans?
24. His ability to model modern royalty without breaking with hallowed royal traditions.
25. His choice of love talisman: A beaded bracelet. His girlfriend wears one, too.
26. His rapport with kids is matched by his rapport with dogs and puppies: Take the ecstatic military dog who greeted him during a visit to the Australian Army in 2015.
Harry was in full camouflage, the skinny black dog had on a camo vest; he stood on hind legs, front paws grasping the prince, tail wagging, mouth open in happy doggie grin. Cuteness overload.
27. He stands up for protecting wildlife, joining brother, father and grandfather in the longstanding royal interest in conservation of endangered species.
28. His athleticism in general and his polo skills in particular. No one looks more natural on a horse.
29. His enthusiasm for taking part in games, especially with kids, from soccer to wheelchair basketball, or goofing off with Usain Bolt on a running track.
30. His friendship with former first lady Michelle Obama: They bonded over their mutual interest in supporting veterans; he dropped into the White House for tea in a surprise visit with military moms in 2013; she and her teen daughters had tea with him at Kensington Palace in 2015
And the two, along with President Obama , engaged in goofy a faux rivalry via video in the run-up to the second Invictus Games in Orlando in 2016.
31. His success at representing the queen on foreign tours: He displays respectful interest, charm and a clear sense he’s having a rattling good time.
32. His freckles: He looks, to an America, like what we imagine Tom Sawyer would look like — grown up and with a British accent. A posh British accent.
33. His beard? OK, maybe not that!